1. He ...... in wearing the old fashioned coat in spite of his wife's disapproval.
2. She ...... a brief appearance at the end of party.
a) put on
b) put in
c) put across
d) put up
3. Life is to death as pleasure is to ......
4. This, partly, explains how the Mehta family has been able to ...... its lavish lifestyle in recent times, despite the fact that all its assets have been ......
a) keep, removed
b) afford, attached
c) develop, liquidated
d) keep up, destroyed
5. The machine is difficult to build ...... easy to maintain.
6. I listened, but I had no idea what he was ...... about.
7. The car in which the minister was traveling ...... with an accident.
8. The non cooperative attitude of the members can only ...... the image of the society.
9. Sonika is quite intelligent but rather ......
10. In a little-publicised deal, Pepsi, Cola has ...... the entire soft drink market in Afghanistan.