1. The 'Cannes Award' is given for excellence in which field?
Explanation: The 'Cannes Award' is given for excellence in films.
2. The journalist who refused to accept 'Padma Bhushan' was?
a) Shekaran Nair
b) Khushwant Singh
c) Ratan Thiyam
d) Arun Shourie
Explanation: Khushwant Singh (Journalist) returned his Padma Bhushan in protest against Operation Blue Star (1984). He was awarded Padma Vibhushan in 2007.
3. The Nobel peace prize is awarded in which city?
Explanation: As stipulated in the will of the Swedish born inventor and international industrialist Alfred Nobel, which was opened after his death in 1896, the Nobel Prizes in Physics, Chemistry, Physiology or Medicine and Literature are awarded in Stockholm, Sweden, while the Nobel Peace Prize is awarded in Oslo, Norway.
4. Arjuna Award is given for -
a) Exceptional service in emergency
b) Bravery on battlefield
c) Outstanding performance in sports
d) Exceptional service in slum dwellers
Explanation: Arjuna award is given for outstanding performance in sports and games. This was the highest honour for sportspersons before Khel Ratna came up in 1991.
5. Who among the following is not a recipient of the Bharatiya Jnanpith Award?
a) Ashaparna Devi
b) M. F. Hussain
c) Raghupathi Sahai
d) V. K. Gokak
Explanation: M. F. Hussain is not a recipient of the Bharatiya Jnanpith Award.
6. Who won the Jnanpith Award 2016?
a) Shankha Ghosh
b) Shankar Balasubramaniam
c) Amitav Ghosh
d) Jhumpa Lahiri
Explanation: Shankha Ghosh and Raghuveer Chaudhari won the Jnanpith Award 2016.
7. Who was chosen for the National Yash Chopra Memorial Award 2017?
a) Shahid Kapoor
b) Shahrukh Khan
c) Anupam Kher
d) Abhishek Bachchan
Explanation: The king of romance Shah Rukh Khan was conferred with the Yash Chopra Memorial Award on 25 February 2017. The award commemorates the director - producer by honouring excellence in various spheres of cinema like acting, music etc.
8. Which bollywood actor received Kala Ratan Award in March 2017?
a) Naseeruddin Shah
b) Akshay Kumar
c) Anupam Kher
d) Anupam Kher
Explanation: Anupam Kher was honoured with the Kala Ratan Award in March 2017.
9. Who among the following is a Sanjay Chopra award recipient for 2016?
a) Abhinash Mishra
b) Arjun Singh
c) Aromal SM
d) Sarvanand Saha
Explanation: Arjun Singh, who fought with a tiger in Uttarakhand to save his mother, was the recipient of Sanjay Chopra Award in 2016. He along with 24 other children were honoured with National Bravery Awards at Republic Day celebrations.
10. Which of the following won the Oscars 2017 Best Picture?
a) La La Land
Explanation: 'Moonlight' won Best Picture in Oscars 2017.