1. Pointing to a photograph Lata says, "He is the son of the only son of my grandfather." How is the man in the photograph related to Lata?
d) Data is inadequate
Explanation: The man in the photograph is the son of the only son of Lata's grandfather i.e., the man is the son of Lata's father. Hence, the man is the brother of Lata.
2. If A + B means A is the brother of B; A x B means A is the son of B; and A % B means B is the daughter of A then which of the following means M is the maternal uncle of N?
a) M + O x N
b) M % O x N + P
c) M + O % N
d) None of these
Explanation: Because the sex of O is not known.
3. If D is the brother of B, how B is related to C? To answer this question which of the statements is/are necessary?
1. The son of D is the grandson of C.
2. B is the sister of D.
a) Only 1
b) Only 2
c) Either 1 or 2
d) 1 and 2 both are required
Explanation: Given: D is the brother of B.
From statement 1, we can detect that D is son of C (son of D is the grandson of C).
From statement 2, we can detect that B is 'Female' (sister of D).
Therefore, B is daughter of C.
4. If A + B means A is the father of B; A - B means A is the brother B; A % B means A is the wife of B and A x B means A is the mother of B, which of the following shows that M is the maternal grandmother of T?
a) M x N % S + T
b) M x N - S % T
c) M x S - N % T
d) M x N x S % T
Explanation: M x N → M is the mother of N
N % S → N is the wife of S
and S + T → is the father of T.
Hence, M is the maternal grandmother of T.
5. Pointing to a photograph. Bajpai said, "He is the son of the only daughter of the father of my brother." How Bajpai is related to the man in the photograph?
d) Maternal Uncle
Explanation: The man in the photo is the son of the sister of Bajpai. Hence, Bajpai is the maternal uncle of the man in the photograph.
6. P's father is Q's son. M is the paternal uncle of P and N is the Brother of Q. How is N related to M ?
d) Data indequate
Explanation: P's father is Q's son. So, Q is P's grandfather. M is the paternal uncle of P. So M is the brother of P's father. This means that M is also Q's son. N is the brother of Q.
Because Q's gender is not specified therefore correct answer is option 4.
7. A girl introduced a boy as the son of the daughter of father of her uncle. The boy is girl's :
Daughter of uncle's father → Uncle's sister → Mother.
Mother's son → Brother.
8. Suresh's sister is the wife of Ram. Ram is Rani's brother. Ram's father is Madhur. Sheetal is Ram's grandmother. Rema is Sheetal's daughter-in-law. Rohit is Rani's brother's son. Who is Rohit to Suresh ?
Explanation: Suresh sister's husband → Ram.
Ram's sister → Rani.
Rani's brother's son → Rohit
Rohit is the Nephew of Suresh.
9. Vinod introduces Vishal as the son of the only brother of his father's wife. How is Vinod related to Vishal ?
Explanation: Vinod's father → Uncle of Vishal.
Vinod's Cousin → Vishal.
10. Pointing to a man, Roshani said that his wife is the only daughter-in-law of my father-in-law Mohan. How is the man related to Mohan?