1. In a certain language PRACTICE is coded as PICCTRAE, how is FLAMES coded in that code ?
Explanation: PRACTICE = PICCTRAE.
First and last letters are same but second and third letters and third last and second last letters have been interchanged.
So, FLAMES = FMELAS.
2. If the KNIFE is coded as MPKHG, what do the letters DTGCF stand for ?
Explanation: KNIFE = MPKHG.
Each letters of the word KNIFE stand for each corresponding letter of the word MPKHG, two places ahead.
So, BREAD = DTGCF.
3. If the letters GBOQX stand for HAPPY , for which word the letters CROSS stand for ?
Explanation: GBOQX = HAPPY
First letter of the word HAPPY is next letter of the first letter of the word GBOQX and second letter of the word HAPPY is the previous letter of the second letter of the word GBOQX. This order is further repeated.
So, CROSS = BSNTR.
4. If in a certain language SISTER is coded as 535301 , UNCLE is coded as 84670 and BOY as 129 , how son is coded ?
Explanation: we have, S = 5
I = 3
T = 3
E = 0
R = 1
U = 8
N = 4
C = 6
L = 7
B = 1
O = 2
Y = 9.
So, SON = 524.
5. If HARD is coded s 1357 and SOFT is coded as 2468, what do the figures 21448 stand for ?
Explanation: H = 1
A = 3
R = 5
D = 7
S = 2
O = 4
F = 6
T = 8.
Hence, 21448 = SHOOT.
6. In a certain code language, THANKS is written as SKNTHA. How is STUPID written in that code language?
d) None of these
Explanation: The code is formed by first writing the last three letters of the word in a reverse order, followed by the first three letters in the same order. So, the code for STUPID should be DIPSTU.
7. In a certain code language, COMPUTRONE is written as PMOCTUENOR. How is ADVANTAGES written in that code?
Explanation: The first four letters, the middle two letters and the last four letters of the word are written in a reverse order to form the code.
8. In a certain code language, ORIENTAL is written as MBUOFJSP. How is COWARDLY written in that code language?
d) None of these
Explanation: The letters of the word are written in a reverse order and then each letter is moved one step forward to obtain the code.
9. In a certain code language, STREAMLING is written as CGTVUHOJMN. How will the word PERIODICAL be written in that language?
Explanation: The letters in the first half and second half of the word are written in the reverse order and in the group of letters so obtained, each letter in the first half is moved two steps forward while that in the second half is moved one step forward, to get the code. Thus, we have: PERIODICAL => PERIO/DICAL => OIREP/LACID => QKTGR/MBDJE.
10. In a certain code, RAIL is written as KCTN and SPEAK is written as CGRUM. How will AVOID be written in that code?
Explanation: All the letters of the word, except the last letters, are written in the reverse order and in the group of letters so obtained, each letter is moved two steps forward to get the code. Thus, we have : AVOID => IOVAD => KQXCF