1. Which devices provides positional information to the graphics system ?
a) Input devices
b) Output devices
c) Pointing devices
d) Both a and c
Explanation: Input devices positional information to the system they often called pointing devices.
2. The number of pixels stored in the frame buffer of a graphics system is known as
d) None of the above
Explanation: Number of pixels determines the resolution .
3. In graphical system, the array of pixels in the picture are stored in
b) Frame buffer
d) All of the mentioned
Explanation: Frame buffer is mainly used to store pixels.
4. Heat supplied to the cathode by directing a current through a coil of wire is called
a) Electron gun
b) Electron beam
d) Anode and cathode
Explanation: In CRT the filament is responsible for supply of power.
5. The maximum number of points that can be displayed without overlap on a CRT is referred as
d) Neither b nor c
6. _______ stores the picture information as a charge distribution behind the phosphor-coated screen.
a) Cathode ray tube
b) Direct-view storage tube
c) Flat panel displays
d) 3D viewing device
Explanation: Instead of refreshing, DVST stores the picture information behind the screen.
7. The devices which converts the electrical energy into light is called
a) Liquid-crystal displays
c) Plasma panels
Explanation: Emissive displays are devices that convert electrical energy into light.
8. In which system, the Shadow mask methods are commonly used
a) Raster-scan system
b) Random-scan system
c) Only b
d) Both a and b
Explanation: Raster-scan system uses shadow-mask method because they produce wide range of colors.
9. The process of digitizing a given picture definition into a set of pixel-intensity for storage in the frame buffer is called
c) Scan conversion
d) True color system
Explanation: The digitization process is called scan conversion.
10. Which display devices allows us to walk around an object and view it from different sides.
a) Direct view storage tubes
b) Three-dimensional devices
c) Flat panel display devices
d) Plasma panel display devices
Explanation: 3D display devices allows user to view the object from different sides.