1. All Human Rights are inherent in all human beings because
a) All Human Rights are provided by the state
b) Human Rights are being provided by the United Nations
c) Human beings are rational beings
d) Human rights are the product of social revolutions
2. Which of the following is not correct?
a) Human rights are universal
b) Human rights are subjective
c) Human rights are Constitutional
d) Human rights are incontrovertible
3. Which of the following are considered third generation rights?
a) Individual Rights
b) Collective Rights
c) Political Rights
d) Economic Rights
4. Freedom from torture is
a) Inherent right
b) Derogable human right
c) Absolute right
d) None of the above
5. The Indian tradition of human rights during war is best exemplified in the work of
c) Emperor Ashoka
d) Emperor Akbar
6. Which of the following thinkers did not give the idea of natural rights?
a) Thombas Hobbes
b) J.J. Rousseau
c) John Locke
d) Jermy Bentham
7. Which Article of Universal Declaration of Human Rights declares, “Everyone has the right to life, liberty and security of person”?
a) Article 1
b) Article 3
c) Article 5
d) Article 6
8. Convention on the elimination of All Forms of Discrimination against Women was adopted in
9. The Gandhian idea of individual rights was characterized within the framework of
a) Human interdependence
b) European liberal tradition
c) Socialist tradition
d) Vedic tradition
10. When did India enact positive law on human rights?