1. There are five persons sitting on a bench. Blue eyed lady sitting in the middle is my mother. At the extreme left, the man with grey hair is my maternal uncle. Lady sitting at the extreme right is having a pimple on her nose and is the wife of person who is sitting between blue eyed lady and grey haired man and has a pointed nose. A lady having marks on her face is the younger sister of the blue eyed lady and sitting on the remaining fifth place. The person having a pointed nose is the son of the blue eyed lady. What is the lady having marks on her face to the man sitting at extreme left ?
b) Maternal Aunt
Explanation: The man sitting at the extreme left is my maternal uncle and the lady having marks on her face is my mother's sister. Hence, the lady having marks on her face is the sister of the man sitting at the extreme left.
2. Akash said to Mohit, "That boy in blue shirt is younger of the two brothers of the daughter of my father's wife." How is the boy in the blue shirt related to Akash ?
Explanation: The daughter of Akash's father's wife is the sister of Akash and brother of the daughter is the brother of Akash.
3. Arun said, "This girl is the wife of the grandson of my mother." Who is Arun to the girl?
Mother's grandson → Son.
Son's wife → Daughter-in-law.
4. Pointing to Ketan, Namarata Said, "He is the son of my father's only son." How Ketan's mother related to Namarata?
Explanation: Namarata's father's only son's Namarata's brother.
So, ketan is the son of Namarata's brother. thus. Ketan's mother is the wife of Namarata's brother i.e. Namarata's Sister-in-law.
5. A, B and C are sisters, D is the brother of E and E is the daughter of B. How is A related to D ?
Explanation: E is the daughter of B and D is the brother of E. So, D is the son of B. Also, A is the sister of B. Thus, A is D's aunt.
6. A and B are brothers. C and D are sisters. A's son is D's brother. How is B related to C ?
Explanation: C and D are the daughters of A and B is the uncle of C.
7. A is son of C while C and Q are the sisters to one another. Z is the mother of Q. If P is the son of Z, Which one of the following statements is correct ?
a) Q is the grandfather of A
b) P is the maternal uncle of A
c) P is the cousin of A
d) Z is the brother of C
Explanation: Since, C and Q are sisters to one another and A is the son of C. Hence, C is the mother of A, therefore, Z is maternal grandmother of A. As P is the son of Z. Hence, P is the maternal uncle of A.
8. Pointing at a photo, Dinesh said, "His father is only son of my mother." The photo belongs to-
b) Dinesh's brother
c) Dinesh's father
d) Dinesh's son
Explanation: Since, the only son of the mother of Dinesh, is Dinesh, therefore, the photo belongs to Dinesh's son.
9. Looking at a portrait of a man, Sanjay said, "His mother is the wife of my father's son. Brothers and sisters I have none." At whose portrait was Sanjay Looking.
a) His son
b) His nephew
c) His cousin
d) His uncle
Explanation: Since, Sanjay has neither a sister nor a brother, therefore, Sanjay is the only son of his father. Hence, the mother of the portrait is wife of Sanjay. Therefore, portrait was of Sanjay's son.
10. A man said to a lady, "The son of your only brother is the brother of my wife." What is the lady to the man.
c) Sister of father-in-law
Explanation: Since, the son of the only brother of the lady is the nephew of the lady, Therefore, the wife of the man is the niece of the lady. Hence, the lady is the sister of the father-in-law of the man.